- Every THURSDAY:
Meeting for Lynn homeowners & tenants
6:30 pm at 112 Exchange St, Lynn MA (corner of Broad St and Exchange).
Please contact us if you want to arrange a time to meet before then, especially if you have a time-sensitive issue.
Call or send a message
if you need more information about any events.
All foreclosure auctions: please check www.LynnUnited.org on the morning of the auction, in case of last minute changes.
Selected press coverage of Lynn United
- Daily Item, 9/10/13 - City-picked foreclosure mediator gearing up
- Univisión (WUNI-TV), 9/9/13 - Tema de ejecuciones hipotecarias llega a corte [coverage of Supreme Judicial Court case involving Lynn United members]
- Boston Globe, 6/13/13 - Lynn, Lawrence act to reduce foreclosures
- Univisión (WUNI-TV), 4/29/13 - Protestan en Lynn por Proyecto de Ejecuciones Hipotecarias
- New York Times, 4/17/13 - Mortgage Relief Checks Go Out, Only to Bounce
- Daily Item, 4/10/13 - Lynn foreclosure mediation plan faces mayoral scrutiny
- New York Times, 2/12/13 - Big Banks Are Told to Review Their Own Foreclosures
- New York Times, 1/10/13 - Bank Deal Ends Flawed Reviews of Foreclosures
- Univisión (WUNI-TV), 6/18/13 - Herramienta de ejecuciones hipotecarias en Lynn
- Univisión (WUNI-TV), 5/14/13 - Ejecuciones hipotecarias en Lynn
- 2012 highlight: Radio, TV, news clips from protest and civil disobedience at Chase Bank in Cambridge.
- Photos, video, and press coverage from the protest demanding change at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Recent Bank of America protest over 43 Waverly Street, Lynn, MA
photos and press coverage. Update and further action planning at next meeting.
- Great result at Holton Place! The family is staying in their home, and buying it back at current value. Here are photos showing the community support for stopping the foreclosure.
Lynn Item story on families who are home for the holidays
A great story in the Daily Item about families who worked with Lynn United to get their homes back after foreclosure.
[ Article here >> ]
Beware of "foreclosure help" scams
If someone asks for an up-front payment to help you avoid foreclosure, it is probably a scam. Come to a meeting or call us (781-346-9199) to learn more.
Click here to read more about the relevant rules (from the Federal Trade Commission).
New law protects tenants in foreclosed buildings
A new state law means that banks are not allowed to evict tenants in foreclosed buildings just because there was a foreclosure.
[ More details >> ]
Click this button to "like" the Lynn United for Change page on Facebook:
Click this button to "follow" Lynn United for Change on Twitter: